As we were leaving this morning Mike pointed out that Angus, our cat was watching us leave through the laundry room window I waved to him and of course all I got back was the "As if I care" stare. I know he does though otherwise he wouldn't be in the window. and yes, before you ask, he totally rules me.
Today was a great morning for listening to music on the way to work. As I posted last week during my random musings sometimes a song can make all the difference in my morning and day at work. It completely sets the tone. This leads me to today's favorite...
Pearl Jam's Wishlist. This song completely set the tone for me today, the tone of being thankful, hopeful and grateful.
|via Harmonic Prospector|
by Pearl Jam
I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on The Christmas tree,
I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence,
I wish I was the grounds For 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky
I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me
I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good
I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood
I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on
I wish I was the verb 'to trust' and never let you down
I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
(Dear Eddie & PJ your wish came true to today!)
I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish
I guess it never stops...
I highlighted in bold some of my favorite lines from the song. Over the years four bands have been at the top of my favorite bands lists and they are AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Weezer and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Added to that list are many more but these four remain in heavy rotation. It's probably because in my years as a teen they were the most influencing to me. And while I played a lot of gangsta rap in my old Mercury Topaz, busting out the speakers, I can't really say it influenced me in anyway, other than maybe liking to drink and dance. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed and loved Pearl Jam until I met Mike (my husband). He's a HUGE PJ fan! We hope this summer to catch them live it will be my first show!
And now I'm linking up with Leslie at A Blonde Ambition
for my Confessions of the week!
visit her blog, snag the button and join in on the fun!
- I confess, I haven't worked out a single day this week. I just haven't felt like it. While I really love the Turbo Fire program, I feel like this second month is no thing but repeat workouts, because it is. Add to this I also wanted to take time to dye my hair last night, and the other night Mike came home with his new laptop, I just decided to slack. I've vowed I won't complain when my jeans don't fit though because it's my own damn fault.
- I confess, I'm anxious for True Blood to start (Leslie I'm happy to see you are too). I just hope this season is less SPOILER ALERT: Fairy oriented.
- I confess, I'm a bit disappointed that people haven't really said much or noticed my haircut, other than my co-workers. To me it's pretty drastic, but maybe it's not. Wouldn't you say about 3-4 inches is drastic?
- I confess, I might have went a bit overboard with yesterday's post about being denied the chance to do a giveaways I was offered. The person who contacted me emailed me back and said they changed their mind... now I'm on the fence about doing it all together. Flip-flop what?
- I confess, I've cussed out a few customers in my head this week. One in question doesn't speak very good English and I'm hoping that when he sounds like he's demanding me to write something down, he's actually just having a language barrier and doesn't know how to properly say "Do you need to write this down?" Instead he says.. "You write down!" in a rather demanding tone. It takes all the strength I have NOT to stab him with my pen!
- I confess, I might have anger issues. Or it may just be that the whole world knows exactly how to get under my skin. I also have road rage issues, but they have dwindled a little bit since moving down South. OK, in honesty, I still have it 100%. I have a really bad mouth in the car.
- I confess, I am OK not having full blown Memorial Day Weekend plans. We went camping last weekend, so this weekend we may just take it easy, cook-out and possibly go kayaking.
- I confess, that it's only 10:36 AM Central time now, and I'm already jones-ing for a beer and 5:00 PM.
I hope you all have a happy weekend! Enjoy your extra day off and please remember what this weekend is all about, it's not just cook-outs and beer and sunshine or even the beginning of summer and it being "OK" to wear white shoes... most importantly it's about honoring our Military Men and Women!!!