- Here it is Friday and I still feel like I'm nursing a WIN hangover from Monday's BCS Championship win by Alabama. Yeah... and I'm still talking about it. Bottom line the hangover feeling is due to lack of sleep not having fun beverages.
- When I went to the doctor on Wednesday I got a Cortisone shot in my hip. I've never had one of these and while it knocked the funk out of my adnoids and system I don't think I ever want another one ever again in my life. I couldn't sleep at all that night. Wide awake, making lists, thinking about tons of random things [should have made a list for this] and just overall had a piss poor night of rest.
- We finally got a dusting of snow and ice here in the South. I'm excited about this but I can't help but chuckle when I see how "Southerners" behave when this happens. 1 flake = total excitement. I guess as a former Northern/East Coast girl I'm a bit jaded and tend not to react in the same way, but I do love watching it fall, even if it doesn't last.
- With all the money we have to pay in Alabama state taxes - I will say I really wish they'd put that money toward getting some salt trucks here. We don't get a lot of snow, but we get lots of bad ice and there roads are NEVER treated. It's horrible, dangerous and I think the State needs to recognize this.
- We have no set plans this weekend and I'm really excited about this. I'm still feeling the effects of being sick and run down [lack of sleep] and I think it might be a great weekend to finally lay low, and possibly watch Lonesome Dove. It's Mike's most favorite thing on earth and he's talked about it non-stop since the day we met. I guess 7 years is long enough to wait right?
- If we're watching a western mini-series all. day. long. I hope he plans to make some pioneer food or some biscuits to go with it.
- I was supposed to start back on Turbo Fire on Monday. That didn't happen, not for lack of desire either. We spent the entire weekend straightening and organizing the mancave aka workout room AND I set my alarm to get up early Monday, but was too exhausted. As the day drug on I felt more run down and worse. By the time I got home, I was miserable. I called my father for our weekly chat, made dinner and watched the BCS game. I figured I could start new on Tuesday... well my body had other plans. After feeling sick, miserable and feeling like I threw my back out. Turbo Fire was out the door. If I get enough rest this weekend, it's GAME ON for Monday.
- My back is still wrecked and I think if I feel up for it I'm going to do some Yoga X from P90X on Saturday to see if I can loosen up a bit. Wish me luck!
- My Super Bowl prediction for teams is Ravens vs. Packers. I would love to see the Saints in there again, and it pains me to say I think the Ravens will go all the way, but it's just my gut feeling.
- It will pain me to root for the Patriots because I am really not a fan of them or Tom Brady... but I will do so this weekend. And you all know why.
Here goes my first stab at confessions for this week....
- Due to my lack of sleep I've been staying up a bit later than Mike. While he's asleep next to me I channel surf and I will be honest there isn't jack on that late at night. The past few nights I've found myself actually watching the Jersey Shore. Ugh - I know when it first came out I thought it was fun and comical but now it's just down right redic! I am SO over these douche bag kids thinking they are celebrities. They truly drive me crazy now. In watching the past two episodes of the new season I am convinced of one thing - there is nothing positive they add to this earth and Vinnie is a baby. Get over yourself dude. He's full of #firstworldproblems for sure. I know you miss your family but you are getting paid to live at the beach, party and do whatever you want for how many weeks? Get over it.
- I am totally jealous of Mike's new smart phone. He and I decided to get on a family plan after the first of the year because well, we're family now. I am not due for an upgrade until June and I'm dying to get a new phone. Neither of us had a smart phone until now and I was on the fence about going iphone or droid... I'm still a bit on the fence but after seeing all the great stuff that his android phone can do, that iphone keeps claiming is exclusive to them only I'm almost 99% convinced I can tell the iphone to take a walk off a short pier and get a phone like his.
- I ate fried food 3 days in a row this week. So much for getting healthy right? I've had fried chicken, fried pork chops and left over fried pork chops. Thank goodness last night's dinner was made up of baked chicken [no skin], sweet potatoes and green beans! I need a detox.
So there you go - my confessions and my musings. I will try to give you more dirt next week.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Good luck to all my friends that have teams in the playoffs still! I myself and happy I don't have to "stress" about football until next year.