March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

via google

First off - I'm not Irish. But I love St. Patrick's Day! (I'm also not Mexican, but I love Cinco De Mayo). That being said, I've had Irish in me - does that count? (No, that joke never gets old).

Obviously today is more than just wearing green, drinking green beer, and eating potatoes (which is what I do, and I'm aware that it's a very narrow minded way to think of a special Irish holiday, but again I'm not Irish, OR Catholic so, there ya go).

Usually M and I would celebrate this holiday by not only going out on the town and drinking lots of green beer but also a few too many shots of Jameson - we did this last year and let me tell you work the next day was ROUGH. This year we are on the "broke" end of the money scale and decided we'd just have some fun at home. This past Saturday we invited friends over not only for an MDA fund raiser, which went well, but also to celebrate St. Patrick's Day early. M and I were the only ones that were in on the whole St. Patty's day thing (wearing our favorite green gear and drinking Whiskey and beer) - however his brother, J did wear green and we all had a merry time together.  The boys watched Boondock Saints (absolutely LOVE that movie) and today, if money allows I have promised my part Irish boyfriend that I would purchase the second installment of this movie for our viewing pleasure tonight.

It will be a low key evening but I will be able to function well at work tomorrow AND I won't have to worry about pooping green turds for the next 4 days. TMI? Too bad you knew in reading my blog I will resort to poo humor, so deal. And yes, I already checked and we don't have any green food coloring in the house at this moment.

I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day - That Irish Eyes are smiling on you and that even if you aren't Irish like me you still enjoy a day of celebration. Raise your glasses and toast to St. Patrick, the Patron Saint of Ireland - and remember EAT BEFORE DRINKING GREEN BEER, OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER AND YOU WILL FEEL BETTER... But remember I'm not a doctor so you might not want to take that as gospel, because I'm not a preacher either!

How will you be spending this glorious holiday?

Pin It!

22 comments:

Rach said...

"Irish by injection," HEEEEE hee... no, that joke never gets old. Ever. One more piece of evidence that we're internet BFFs. ;)

Happy St. Patty's to ye!

Sole Matters said...

Um, can you really poo green if you have green beer and stuff?

KatiePerk said...

This post cracked me up! You are hilarious. Happy St. Patty's day. I am staying in this year too due to a large hangover last year.
xoxo

Shana said...

I also love the "little Irish in me" joke and use it often. Enjoy your at-home celebrating.

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Vonda, if you drink enough green beer, yes, yes you can poo green! (Or at least an off color of brownish green - I know from experience). That was a good St. Patty's Day... what I remember of it.

Rach - INTERNET BFF'S FO' LIFE! That joke has always been my favorite. Too bad I can't use it at Cinco de Mayo, I've never made it with a Mexican. Although one of my BFF's is 1/2 Mexican so I can claim friendship for that afternoon as my heritage.

Mari said...

hahah "I've had some Irish in me"!!! bahahahyay yeah I will FOR SURE being using that line tonight! I'm doing my first legit St. Patrick's Day celebration seeing Flogging Molly tonight and drinking green beer and I am quite excited! I'm planning my lunch now so I know I'm getting plenty of food in!

SimplyTara said...

HA! Happy St. Patty's day!
www.coquettishfacade.blogspot.com

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Mari - You are going to have SO much fun. You are doing it up right with Flogging Molly! *10 thumbs up*

Scientific Housewife said...

I am making barbecue pulled pork in the crock pot then the hubby, some friends, and I are going out to drink some beer tonight :)

Vic said...

I'm not Irish but I did grow up Catholic. And my grandpa is Irish-ish. So he is making us a greeeeen dinner tonight. Then green beer with buddies, I think. :)

courtney said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! Have fun!

Sadly I am working and not doing anything exciting tonight :(

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Paddy's day!

Theresa Milstein said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. 1/2 of me is Irish, so that's what I'm focusing on today. I'm going to the Celtics game tonight, which should be crazy!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

THERESA - BEST. TIME. EVER! I want to hear alll about it!

jessalyn said...

i'm not irish either. but i like it too. although this year i am being very non-st.pattysdayish. i didn't put on one drop of green. i know. i am a party pooper or something. but not a green pooper.

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Just get home and sport green - my undies are even green today... NICE! I won't be pooping green either! We shall unite!

Stacy said...

I left you something on my blog! http://stacysaysblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/sweet-award.html

Beth said...

I'm Irish but we didn't really do anything for the holiday. I made Irish Soda bread, one of my favorite foods, ever, but no beer was consumed! I used to love St Patrick's Day when I was a kid and my mom dyed our milk green and hid our shoes, but now I just think it's kind of weird. I love Boondock Saints though!!!

Anonymous said...

No way!! Some old jokes never die! I, too, loved the Boondock Saints! I heard the second one wasn't as good, but people always say that about sequels. Let us know if you like it or not. I really want to see it.

foxy said...

I'm just sayin, the Guinness and Harp went down waaaaaaay too easily last night. Neither were green but they were both fabulously Irish. Definitely one of my favorite holidays...

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Well done Foxy!!! We contemplated getting some Killian's and Guinness (I had a wicked recipe for some beef stew using Guinness) Instead we decided to splurge on a bottle of wine for Tonight to drink while watching our Must See Tv on Thursdays! I had one beer, and ate dinner and that was that. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

Kelly, I posted about the game with pictures. Come visit:
http://theresamilstein.blogspot.com/2010/03/celtics-walt-clyde-gino.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2017 Turned Up to Eleven. Powered by Blogger.
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com