December 03, 2010

fixation friday: holiday movies


Hello Lovelies! It's been a while. Not only was Fixation Friday on a break but I guess I was too. I'll try to be better about that but, when life starts tossing you lemons or limes you better make some kick ass mixed drinks and suffer the hangover because honestly how often does life toss you the perfect fruit to compliment vodka right? In not so many words I've been busy. Between Thanksgiving, my birthday and all the holidays that are coming up I'm lucky to have two minutes to myself, let alone time to bang out an awesome blog post. With that in mind I'm going to slightly recycle a post from last year but give it a bit of a tune up. I got to thinking about my favorite holiday movies again after reading Hotpants' post over at Handbags and Handguns.  She's pretty much nailed the holiday spirit in movies right on the head, but I had a few of my own I needed to add. So here are my favorite Christmas movies to date.



A Christmas Story 
Yes I could watch this over and over and over and over and over again and I do every year! It never gets old. I love Ralphie and the entire story! "I can't put my arms down!!!"



National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Seriously - Christmas is not the same without this movie - LOVE! I come from a very small family and never truly experienced a holiday quite this chaotic until I started dating Mike. His family is huge and often times it feels like a scene from this movie during the holidays... or maybe from the beginning of THIS movie....

Home Alone
I adore this movie - I could watch it a million times. Mike had Home Alone 2 playing on tv the other night and it just didn't do the trick. #1 is #1! "I got the milk, eggs and fabric softener."



Die Hard
Yes, seriously!!! It's set during Christmas time and he saves the day!
"Ho, Ho, Ho... Now I have a machine gun."
Most girls may not agree but, care? Mike is happy that I enjoy this flick and consider it a holiday tradition, which works out great for us. I think I'll bake some cookies and watch this soon!



Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
It's a classic and one that reminds me of being a kid.
Plain and simple!

My next choice is one I was reminded how much I loved last night when I watched it on TV. I own this movie and it just didn't dawn on me how touching this movie is to me until last night. In my opinion you can never go wrong when you put your entertainment trust in a man like Bill Murray.

Scrooged
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie.  It's a comedic and touching adaptation of the classic Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, one of my favorite all time Christmas stories, out done only by the Gift of the Magi by O. Henry. That story always touches my heart.

The Family Stone
This movie is beyond touching and I love how real it is. It was tough for me to watch it the first few times, for personal reasons but in the end I realize how magical it really is. It quickly became a seasonal must for me and I will often times watch it in the middle of the summer just to get warm fuzzies!

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Elf (SO adorable)
Bad Santa (while it's not family friend it's freaking funny!)
It's a Wonderful Life
Mean Girls (it has Christmas in it!)
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Four Christmases (We all know the deal with me and Vince)

I could go on and on - what are you favorite holiday movies?


Pin It!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the new look (and the movies)!

Anonymous said...

Christmas Vacation is one of my faves :)

Anonymous said...

I have never seen Scrooged. I definitely will watch Christmas Vacation if it's on. It's a classic. Die Hard is great, but I personally prefer Die Hard with a Vengeance. I think it's the duo of Bruce and Samuel L. that I love so much.

Anonymous said...

Ini adalah pertama kalinya saya saya kunjungi di sini. Saya menemukan banyak hal menarik di blog Anda terutama pembahasannya. Dari ton komentar pada artikel Anda, saya kira saya bukan satu-satunya memiliki semua kenikmatan di sini! terus bekerja dengan baik.

L said...

Loveeeee Bad Santa, that little boy is freakin cute! And Four Christmases was funny I really liked it! Home Alone 1 of courseeee, when he's walking home and the groceries bust out of the bag, favorite movie scene ever ;) Good list!

Hillary @ The Sweet Maple Life said...

You have listed some of my Must Watch Holiday Movies, but my favorite one to watch this time of year is Love Actually. I could watch it over and over and over and over.... you get the point! I can never walk away from that movie without getting emotional!

Candice said...

Your top 2 are my all time favs!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love all of those!!! I haven't seen the last one though!

Dr. Cynicism said...

Great picks! My #1 slot goes to Christmas Vacation, hands down :-) "Can't see the line, can you Russ... RUSS?!"

Sara said...

Wait.

Die Hard is a Christmas movie??

Why didn't somebody tell me?!

bananas. said...

i love that you have die hard listed in your list of fav holiday movies. i can't remember if it even was a christmas movie but I LOVE IT!!! bruce willis is my sugar daddy! yup ALL MINE!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Yes ladies DIE HARD is a Christmas movie. It's during the Christmas season and the building is over run during the company Christmas Party. Banana Babe You and I have VERY similar taste in men! Ben and Bruce!!!

Hutch said...

Ok, I'm gonna put this out there knowing there will be much disagreement. BUT. I hate a Christmas Story. Like seriously HATE it.

My favorite's are Love Actually, It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2017 Turned Up to Eleven. Powered by Blogger.
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com