February 17, 2014

P90X3: Week 4 - Recovery

WEEK 4: Recovery / Transition

I'm not even going to come on here and pretend like I tried this past week. Dude, I slacked. Hardcore. I think I did Monday and Tuesday workouts and that was it. Seriously, lame of me and the only excuse I had was, I was tired, and lazy. Add to that Valentine's Day indulgence, and Friday Happy Hour mixed with Valentine's Day. Dove Chocolate temptations and a few other things tossed in. It's been a heck of a week. So there is your short and sweet explanation.

Results:
No loss of weight (TMI I did just come down off "that time of the month" so who knows).
No true change in inches anywhere.

I blame this on my lack of truly sticking to the diet. And because of that I didn't expect to be shocked and surprised by any loss, I sort of knew I sabotaged myself.

I'm not expecting extreme results - I purchased this workout plan for results but the biggest result I wanted was to get my ass out of bed in the morning. Workout, and to make a life change. So far that has been happening. I wanted to begin slow, hopefully keeping myself accountable and making this become something ingrained in my mind and body vs. a quick loss of weight.

This morning, the beginning of week 5 I woke up, got out there and did the damn thing. Even after slacking for about 4 days in a row. And you know what, when it was over I was smiling. I finished it, I got back on that horse. I even praised Tony when he reminded me that he'd rather have me on my feet for push-ups than my knees. He stated that he'd rather have you on your feet with less range of monition to work your core, than have you on your knees just to get a deeper push-up. Lesson learned and I will "trust the process" and listen to him.  I keep using that mantra "Trust the Process".

Purchasing P90X3 wasn't "NEEDED" for me. I have P90X, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, and Insanity. I own tons of awesome workout videos, but I get bored easily. However, while none of these are boring they were LONG workouts and frankly some kick my ass. Ones that would require me to get up by at least 5:30 AM every day to workout in the morning. I wasn't having that.  Now that I've been working out in the morning for over a month, getting up at 6 am - I'm starting to think that 5:30 won't be that much of a stretch, provided I get great rest the night before. Most days, I wake up before my alarm. Even after a long weekend my eyes were open today at 5:45 - I forced myself to wait for my alarm, and then had a quick argument with myself about sleeping longer that lasted 2 minutes before the angel on my shoulder told me to get off my lazy ass and work!

I wanted these 30 minute routines to make that happen. Get up, get done, get on with the day. Now that I'm becoming accustomed to the early wake-up I think that adding in some time and focus might do me some good. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather so after work I can head out with Mike and our pup June for walks.

Once P90X3 is completed, I may move back into one of my other older programs and give it a whirl. Wake up earlier, kick ass, take names and then hope I can cool down in time to take a shower and get ready for work without sweating all my make-up away as I'm putting it on. I'm trying to make a life change, not just feel better about bikini season.

So there you have it... slacking but getting back up!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

What do you think about it? I've thought about ordering it. I liked P90X, didn't like P90X2. But I have a ton of Beachbody DVD's. Body Combat is awesome if you are interested.

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

That is what it's about babe! It's a journey that you will have to keep going through. Some days, even weeks you will slack and be motivated, but you have to keep going. Good for you for getting back at it!!!

Laynah said...

Indulgence days are so necessary! Until they get inside your head and you just throw it all away because you messed up a couple times, because that's pretty much where I'm at and I need to jump back on the train!

Devon said...

It sounds like you are getting some of the results you want. I think you should be proud of yourself for sticking with this. It's really hard to make changes to your routine. Yew!

Janna Renee said...

Hey, I say not gaining weight during Valentine's Day is a WIN. I definitely agree that it's also more important to keep working out instead of worrying about the number on the scale! I like 30-40 minute workouts the best. They are the most realistic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2013 Turned Up to Eleven. Powered by Blogger.
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com